So, I just received my 2 new pro units. I decided to do a trial run with plain water prior to using them with wort. First I made sure that the ferementer would fit in the jacket. This took some doing, but I finally figured out that I needed to kind of unfurl the insulation that was packed down inside the fabric. No problem after that.
I filled it with water, put everything in the jack, inserted the immersion unit and went to hook it up. That was when I noticed that the supplied power cords were European (I guess). Bummer. Fortunately the power supply is rated for 110 or 220 and it take a standard PC power cord. Unfortunately I don't have any those extra laying around. I stole one from a computer and fired it up.
So far the first unit is running and the water temp is beginning to warm up. I'll try cooling later on. I guess I will then swap the power cord to the other one and try it out.
It looks like I need to come up with some power cords.